If you follow me on instagram at all (@stardustandrockets), you’ll know that I’m obsessed with nerdy merch and more recently, Julie and the Phantoms. (See The Edge of Great for my review of the novelization of the show.) Let’s get into where I got each item and how you can find it too!
- Get Happy Tees!
- “Tell Your Friends Tour” tee — Perfect for supporting your favorite dead 90’s boy band that never actually existed. Whether you’re rocking out on stage, eating street dogs, or crying in a dark room for 25 years, this shirt is a must have for any JatP fan! I can be styled in any number of ways (my three looks here are inspired by Luke, Reggie, and Alex). No matter your go-to style, this is the perfect tee to show that you saw your favorite fictional band on tour. Never mind that you may not have even been born in 1995, or in my case I was a year old. (Side note: wearing a cross-body fanny pack will potentially crack the printing, so choose your 90’s fashion fads with caution.)
- Sunset Curve booksleeve — I am beyond happy with this Sunset Curve sleeve! The print is genius and extremely adorable, and it’s perfect for any member of the Phandom who wants to show off their love for their favorite dead boy band. Maribel has really outdone herself with this one and I’m stoked to have it in my collection! They are currently sold out, but maybe we can convince her to bring the print back some day? (There’s a matching Julie and the Phantoms print too, but it’s also sold out.)
- “Julie and the Phantoms” tee — The printing on this one is something I don’t think I’ve seen a tee do. It’s a marbled ink that mixes purple and white for a really cool effect. This photo on the website and the one that I added doesn’t really do it justice compared to what it looks like in person. The little hearts on the I’s are a lovely touch!
- “Sunset Curve Boyfriend” tee — There are three options on this one Luke, Alex, and Reggie. I went with Luke for my first choice because he’s my absolute favorite (Charlie Gillespie, am I right? 🥵🥰), but I plan to collect them all. 😉 The front features the Sunset Curve logo and Est. 1995, while the back has whichever boy you picked and 17 (the age they were when they died). These jersey type tees are some of my favorites!
- Sunset Curve logo tee — Much like the “Julie and the Phantoms” tee, this one also has that marbled effect in the printing. It’s a green/yellow/white mix and again, pictures do NOT do it justice. I like the creativity with this one since it’s different than the simple white logo on a black tee that seems to be the norm. There’s also a matching sticker for this design, but I don’t have a picture of it.
Both shops have more tees than what I have and I highly recommend checking out all these wonderful ladies have to offer! Jess and Maribel are two of my favorite people and they do so much for the book community by making merch for our favorite books. Go give them some love!
Insta: @gethappytees // @fandomsleeves
Twitter: @gethappytees // @fandomsleeves